Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Groundlings...here I come...with my checkbook.

Oh the joy, the excitement, the small deposit made into my bucket of happiness! I took my first class at The Groundlings theatre with my good friend Greg. It is a basic class, costs $250 and happens for five more Saturdays. We are doing the basics, but it feels good, safe and fun. I, of course, was the first and the only to go south with my improv bit. We were playing "Man in the middle." This game has three people on stage. The two outside players are given individual topics that are intentionally boring/plain such as Q-tips, cardboard, twigs etc. The goal is to get the person seated in the middle to pay attention to you. My topic was laundry detergent. My instant thought was that I love the way it feels when you get a little powder on you hand and are scrubbing in a spot...the detergent gets all slippery. So, of course I had to talk about how I love to rub it all over my body...I got the girl in the middle's attention, but was lovingly spanked by my instructor on going south. Lesson learned for this dirty minded, baby Groundling wanna-be.

No comments: