Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Two steppin' never seemed so hard...

Two steps to my studio. That doesn't seem so far. It is just across the hall, but stepping into it has reminded me of my need to go to the gym. Once you get there and step on the elliptical machine, take a few steps, get into a groove and 45 minutes later you feel thinner and sexier. That is what the studio does for me. Maybe it doesn't make me feel thinner, but definitely sexy. Dipping my hardened brush into the hot, silky pool of wet pigmented wax makes me melt. The heated sweetness intoxicates me. Once I get into my studio groove it is my Prozac, my St. John's Wort sprinkled with a tad of Horny Goat Weed.

I have two weekends to finalize my work for an upcoming show at the O'Hanlon Art Center in Mill Valley, CA. I am excited to be included in a group exhibition of West Coast Encaustic Artists.

So, I putting on a little Kenny Rogers to set the mood for some two steppin' right into my studio.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kenny Rogers was my first love... when I was 4. LOL! You're awesome. Get it, girl. XOXOXOXO

Matildakay said...

I always have been fascinated with dancers that do the country style dances like the two step. Kenny Rogers had some great love songs...

Don't let NL read your Kenny Rogers reference, the Kenny Rogers jokes will start and there won't be an end in sight...

G. S. Enns said...

I hope the two-stepping is working for you! Looking forward to a O'Hanlon update.