Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A note of admiration...

I believe that it doesn't matter where people are in their career or how untouchable they may seem it is good karma to pass along a genuine compliment.

I happened to actually pull away from my recent addiction to MySpace to actually search the internet for something useful for my art career. While searching for grant and fellowship opportunities, I got sucked into the never ending twists and turns of the hyperlink warren. No furry dead things found, but I did find an amazing artist. Clive King. Wow, his work is big, obsessive and captivating. His drawings were so captivating that I googled him. I found very little about him online...a shame. I did, however, find that he is a Professor of Drawing at Florida International University. So, as I drilled down further with my seemingly stalker tendencies I found his bio page. At the top of his page was his email address, so I just simply emailed him my admiration. That simple. I had nothing profound to say, nothing seemingly bright or witty just plain...hey, man...I dig your work. OK, not in those words, but that was the basic message.

I'm not expecting a return message, maybe it won't get to him but I did send the love out there because it was just something I had to do.

Check his work out here:
Clive King

No comments: