Tuesday, December 20, 2005

If a train A leaves the station on 1/1/06 at noon and Train B leaves….!

Gather around all you mathematical maniacs, I need your help. I will be starting a new art project on January 1st and unfortunately, Mom and Pop didn’t pass along the math gene. Starting on the 1st of the New Year I’m going to capture next year by doing a small piece of artwork each day.

Ultimately, I want each piece to make up a one final piece if I were to hang or mount them side-by-side and up and down. I’m hoping the overall year will take the form of a rectangle. I want to keep each day’s artwork to a small square or rectangle, preferably in the 4” x 5” range. I’m flexible with the overall look of the final piece, but do want the smaller pieces to be easily cut out of wood or other material. If you can keep it simple for me…I will love you forever! So, is it possible?

Someone out there was given my math gene and must use it for good. Is that you?

No comments: