Friday, December 02, 2005

Wanna see my etchings?

The past couple weeks have been heart warming and nostalgic. In preparation for Scrooge’s “Everything-Under-$99” Art Bazaar I blew the dust off my flat files and did some digging into the “Early Works of Ms. Julia Heatherwick!” Oh yes, the troubled yet innocent youth was captured in the form of Intaglio prints. College was filled with Keystone beer, pizza, “don’t Bogart that can mannn” and a lot of “Wanna see my etchings?”



Come on out December 10 to The Empty Space and I’ll show you a lot more from noon – 7:00 pm!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We would so like to see your etchings!

I, for one, am a big fan of the early works of Ms. Heatherwick in all their flannel-draped, $5-pizza-eating, living-room-dancing, Keystone-drinking glory. Plus Keystone beer came in a specially-lined can (that "bottled beer taste in a can" can), so it's almost like you were obligated to drink them twelve at a time.

Got anything like a sculptural lamp?

Anonymous said...

Julia,

I visited your web page-very good stuff. Although I haven't been in the studio for some time, I am a fellow encaustic painter.

I'd love to hear your comments on my work posted at:

http://artofmarkodo.blogspot.com

if you get a chance.

Thanks,

Mark O'Donnell
markodonnell@frii.com

Julia said...

All I can say is SHUT Up about the sculptural lamp! That thing will haunt me until the day I die. That was when spray paint that looked like stone first came out and ended up on everyone's art project. Nothing is better than a beautiful "stone-like" woman draped over a "stone-like" PVC pipe with some red paper(guts) shooting out of her stomach that glowed oh so prettily for a bedside table lamp.

So Damon...got a "stone-like" lamp that weighs approximately 600 lbs and hangs on a wall?

Anonymous said...

As a matter of fact...I do have a giant, industrial, green-stone-flecked, wall-hanging lamp that (in one of those "form follows function" moments) hovers right around the 600 lb. range. I'd be happy to share, but if I drag it out someone will have to help me carry it home.