Friday, September 30, 2005

Webzine 2005 Conference Part 2.5

Located centrally at the conference, the Chi was circulating at the Concession/Badge making hub! I felt in control of the Webziners general internal satisfaction. I delivered Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Hansen’s Mandarin Lime, Kiwi Strawberry and Key Lime, bottled water and Cliff bars for only $1.00.

One general observation I made during the conference. I’m not really that funny. I’ve been living in a false reality for ten years at work. Everyday I walk into work at my business casual, fortune 500 company and walk the corridors saying, "Whoooooweeee it’s a Monday!”, “Working hard or hardly workin’?”, “You got time to lean you got time to clean!”, “Whoa…you caught me slackin’ on hump day!”, “Thank goodness it’s a Friday!”…

OK, you might not be laughing…but add in wild gesticulation and quirky facial expressions and I’m killing on main stage at the Comedy Store. Nope, not at Webzine 2005. My wild gesticulating and flirty smiles complimenting a contagious booming laugh…got nothin’. So, I resigned myself to just delivering the goods somberly like a solid B volunteer. I trudged through my 6 hours of volunteer work like a trooper.

I did, however, make a top secret business deal with Sir Srini Kumar of Unamerican Activities and StickerNation. All I can divulge at this time is that I am playing a feature-role as “Waterwoman!” Don’t even try to pry any more details out of me. I will tell you it has to do with water, but that is it. No more than that, well other than I will be a woman handling water. So, my lips are sealed. This secret is safe with me. I’m a vault. (A lot more on this later!)



(Subliminal message: log onto www.thebuzzblogs.com )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.