Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Grantwriting Thrill Seeker.

Instead of spending hours on a rubber stamp this week, I spent it on writing a grant!

I found out about this grant about a month ago and waited until 3-days before it was due to really hammer it out. Oh so, Julia. I think I like the rush I get from saying, "I'm not going to do it...I just don't have time" to "Give me a cup of coffee and I can get anything done!" It is the thrill of overcoming the impossible.

The Center of Cultural Innovation is offering two grants to California artists funded by the James Irvine Foundation. The Grant for Artistic Equipment and Tools and The grant for Presenting and Marketing your work. I am putting in for the equipment and tools grant.

My angle for my grant was the need to push my work into a larger format and doing that in a healthy and safe studio environment. So, I asked for money to purchase the following items:

Hot Plate 24" x 36"
Air Purifier
Repspirator
Art racks
Studio work tables
Lighting kit

My grant was for roughly $3,777.00. As The Secret says I should say, "I now have $3,777.00 to improve my studio!" You ask the Universe and you shall receive. I'm asking, I tell ya!

I'm also excited about their education classes coming up. Take a look at their -> calendar.

Not to fear my readers who do not live in California. I've included another link -> Here <- to help you find a grant opportunity.

And for you greedy California artists-> Here <- you'll find more resources.

Wait, there is more? Yep.

So many links, so little time!

I'll keep you posted on my grant results!

No comments: